Yes... I am totally that mom that uses every single fun holiday to celebrate with the kiddos. And I'm not ashamed to admit it!
Before kids, I was never a fan of Valentine's Day because:
a) I think stuffed animals take up too much space in the house
b) I don't like to wait too long for my food when we go out to dinner (I think we waited at a restaurant for over 2 hours once AND we had a reservation)
c) I didn't need a holiday to celebrate love when duh, love is supposed to be celebrated everyday. Yes, I was one of those people.
But now, I look forward to it because it gives me another reason to shower my babies with love and presents. Call me a hypocrite, I don't care. I'm totally owning up to it.
So this year, I decided to make them gift baskets. Got the idea from a fellow mom blogger Brittany of itsyourgirlbrittanny.com who wrote a post about giving a V-Day gift basket to your significant other. I think it's the perfect gift idea for the babes, too! And you don't have to break the bank to make them either!
Everything in these baskets were $5 or less. And they are all things that Ella and Everly will love (and maybe even fight over) once they see it.
Each basket includes:
1. A coloring book ($1.88 each) - I got Minnie Mouse for Ella and Paw Patrol for Everly. Because let's face it, Ella will most likely claim it anyway since Everly is barely learning to hold up a pen/crayon, so I got ones that Ella would like.
2. Brand new crayons ($2-3/each).
3. Stickers ($1 for a whole lot of messy goodness) - I might regret buying these later, but they love the stuff and it keeps them busy for bit so hey, I'll take it!
4. Fuzzy eared headbands ($4 each) - because what girl doesn't like hair accessories? Ella's totally into wearing headbands these days and Everly just likes to copy her Big Sis with whatever she does.
5. A new hard board book to add to their ever-growing collection of books ($5 each) - always a great investment.
6. And lastly, a box of chocolates in a Disney Princess themed heart-shaped tin ($5)- the chocolates are more for me but they can have a piece each.
Overall, I spent less than $16 for each basket (including the basket/bucket which was $1). Not bad, right? I can't wait to see their faces light up when they see these!
So, tell me.... are you a V-Day person? How do you like to celebrate the holiday? (Or not celebrate the holiday?) Tell me in the comments below!