It's Friday!!! And I thought I'd do something something fun for this week's post. I realize that I've gained a few new subscribers/readers so I thought I would share random facts about my life - whether it's autobiographical or milestones (both mama and baby ones) or events & things that may have happened recently that YOU, my audience, do not know of because you're not with me 24/7. And just like my posts about workouts, I will do these kinda posts every so often with hopes that I can maybe turn it into a weekly thing. How's that sound?
1. Ella had her very first dentist appointment this week and she did GREAT! She was a nervous wreck up until it was over 😂 and she even tried to convince us that her teeth were perfect and that she didn't need to see a dentist. It turns out, her teeth are absolutely perfect with ZERO cavities in sight! This mama is quite proud of herself, too 😆 .
Fun fact (inside a fun fact), the dentist we go to is Daniel's old dentist from when he was a kid growing up. We moved to Rialto (his hometown) at the end of 2018 and we wanted to find a good local dentist to trust our teeth with. And when Daniel found that his old dentist was still in business, he was all about it. So it's kinda cool that Ella gets to say "my dentist is my daddy's old dentist!" Okay, maybe not that cool but I'm a mom and I totally think it is lol 😝.
2. Everly had given up her naps since probably before Thanksgiving, which I'm not too happy about but hey, it was bound to happen. She's only 2 years old (and like almost 4 months) and she's already decided she doesn't need them. BUT, this week must have been exhausting for her because she's fallen asleep on me TWICE this week while we were just sittin' on the couch hangin' out. It obviously doesn't happen that often anymore so I took advantage of cherishing these moments. Even took a pic of it because I'm a sappy mom like that.
3. Booked our first family trip of 2020! Yup, it's been long overdue but I finally scheduled a trip to Hawaii. I wanted to go for Christmas so that my girls (and Daniel) could spend the holidays with my family. But it was way too expensive for us so we decided to push it back to Spring (when Ella is on Spring Break). It's been a lil over 2 years since we've all been to Hawaii (Evie was only 2 months old) so I am VERY excited about it.
4. Last weekend I went on an exercise/walk date with a good mama-friend of mine... WITHOUT kiddos (my kiddos) and it was GLORIOUS!!! Mamas, if you can get out for a little bit, you totally SHOULD! It's SO good for the soul to just be able to connect with other human beings other than the tiny ones you're raising or your spouse. This obviously doesn't happen very often but when it does, it just helps keep stay sane.
5. So. I'm a HUGE Bachelor/Bachelorette fan and have been since it first started. There were a few early seasons that I stopped watching the show because, well, life happened. But then I picked up again a few years later and I can't help but watch it season after season.
So I just wanted to share my thoughts on the current season. Which is only 2 weeks in, but I already have a couple of strong opinions about it. First thing's first. I don't have a favorite gal. There's always at least 1-2 that stand out to me on the first episode. But not this season. Hannah Ann seems like a top favorite. And Kelley, too. And while I think they do have strong connections with Peter, I don't know if I see them with him in the end. Madison, MAYBE. But it's too soon to tell. All these women are beautiful and I'm sure they all have great personalities but these producers man... they sure do know how to bring out the catty in some of them. I mean, come on... drama over champagne?! How does that even happen? And I'm pretty sure it's gonna drag on for a few more episodes. With that said, I don't think Kelsey will win over Peter's heart. Yes, she's getting the worst edit of all the girls on the show, but she just seems way too emotional and sensitive.
That's just my opinion.
I can go on and on about the show but maybe I will start a whole new blog series about that soon, too. What do you think? More Bachelor/Bachelorette talk?
6. Lately, I have been obsessed with this... snack. I got the recipe from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan. I may have modified it just a smidge but it's such a good afternoon snack to have. It contains: 1/2 a green apple, 1/2 a small beet, and a few baby carrots. I pour in some apple cider vinegar, a splash of olive oil, and sprinkle it with a little bit of sea salt. This pic doesn't do it justice, but trust me... It's delish!
7. Also... CAN'T wait for the NFC Championship game this weekend! We are 49er fans and it's been a pretty exciting season for the team and all the fans! Any fellow niner fans out there?
And that's what's been goin' on with me this week! Before I sat down to write this post I didn't think I'd have any fun or random facts to talk about. And I'm surprised I actually had 7 things! Haha. Hope y'all had a great week and cheers 🥂 to the weekend!